Education outreach is critical to improving and preserving the water quality in the Illinois River watershed. Educating and motivating stakeholders to take positive personal actions and work together for greater impact is our goal.
To learn more about the Illinois River Watershed Partnership's education and outreach materials, videos and photos, or to test your watershed knowledge, use the links on the left.
2017 Action Plan
MISSION 1: EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
- 2017 Art and Nature Camps - June 5 - 9, June 19 - 23, July 10 - 14, July 24 - 28
- Watershed Academy Fall 2017 - October 7th 9am - 2pm
- Watershed Sanctuary at Cave Springs - schedule school visits to the cave, spring, lake and outfall
MISSION 2: WATER QUALITY MONITORING
- Streambank Inventory with Natural State Streams
- Ecological Evaluation of Priority Subwatersheds with EAST Initiative Schools
- Graduate student monitoring with Arkansas Water Resources Center
MISSION 3: CONSERVATION AND RESTORATION PROJECTS
- Riparian Project - Saturday, March 18
- Tree Farm Projects - Flint Creek Power Plant and Boston Mountain Solid Waste District
- NRCS EQIP Education and Farm Demonstration Workshops
- Low Impact Development and Green Infrastructure projects across Northwest Arkansas