Education outreach is critical to improving and preserving the water quality in the Illinois River watershed. Educating and motivating stakeholders to take positive personal actions and work together for greater impact is our goal.
To learn more about the Illinois River Watershed Partnership's education and outreach materials, videos and photos, or to test your watershed knowledge, use the links on the left.
2018 Action Plan
MISSION 1: EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
- 2018 Art and Nature Camps - June 11-15, June 25-29 July 9-13, July 3-27
- Watershed Sanctuary at Cave Springs - schedule school visits to the cave, spring, lake and outfall
MISSION 2: WATER QUALITY MONITORING
- Streambank Inventory with Natural State Streams
- Ecological Evaluation of Priority Subwatersheds with EAST Initiative Schools
MISSION 3: CONSERVATION AND RESTORATION PROJECTS
- Riparian Project - Saturday, March 10
- Tree Farm Projects - SWEPCO Power Plant in Gentry
- NRCS EQIP Education and Field Tours
- Low Impact Development and Green Infrastructure projects across Northwest Arkansas